May 12, 2022 08:30 am
Heat wave warnings
i) Heat Wave at most places with severe heat wave conditions at isolated places likely over West Rajasthan during 12th to 14th and heat wave conditions at most places on 15th & 16th May, 2022.
i) Heat Wave at isolated/at a few places likely over East Rajasthan & West Madhya Pradesh during 12th to 16th May, 2022.
ili) Heat Wave at isolated likely over Gujarat State, Jammu & Kashmir on 12th & 13th; West Uttar Pradesh during 14th-16th; south Haryana-Delhi, south Punjab during 12th-16th; East Madhya Pradesh & Vidarbha during 13th to 16th May, 2022.
• The Deep Depression (remnant of cyclonic storm 'ASANI') over coastal Andra Pradesh remained practically stationary during last 6 hours and weakened into a Depression over the same region and lay centred at 0530 hours IST of today, the 12th
May, 2022 near latitude 16.2°N and longitude 80.9°E, close to West of Machilipatnam.It is likely to hover around the same region and weaken further into a Well Marked Low Pressure Area during next 12 hours.
Warnings associated with Cyclonic Storm 'Asani':
12th May: Light to moderate rainfall at many places with heavy rainfall at isolated places is likely over coastal Andhra
Pradesh and Rayalaseema. Light to moderate rainfall at a few places over coastal areas of Odisha and West Bengal.
• Total suspension of fishing operations over Westcentral Bay of Bengal and over northwest Bay of Bengal during next 12
• Fishermen are advised not to venture into Westcentral Bay of Bengal along and oft Andra Pradesh and Odisha coasts and
Northwest Bay of Bengal on 12th May
Rainfall / thunderstorm Forecast & Warnings
- Widespread light/moderate rainfall with thunderstorm/lightning/gusty winds with heavy to very heavy rainfall very likely over Northeast India during next 5 days.
- Fairly widespread light/moderate rainfall likely over Kerala-Mahe & Lakshadweep with isolated heavy falls over Kerala-Mahe during next 5 days.
Widespread light/moderate rainfall likely over Coastal Andra Pradesh and Rayalaseema with heavy to very heavy rainfall over Rayalaseema on today and significant decrease in intensity & distribution thereafter.
• Isolated to scattered rainfall likely over Telangana, Coastal & Interior Karnataka, Tamilnadu, Puducherry, Karaikal during
next 5 days.
• Isolated thunderstorm/lightning/gusty winds over Kerala-Mahe during next 5 days.